The New Compare Page Allows You To:
Aggregate Emotional Reactions, Topics, Cross-Tabs, & Nets/Codes across different Canvs assets.
Easily duplicate an asset in your Compare page.
Utilize Smart Search to filter verbatims for each Compare asset as a whole, or individually, without leaving the Compare page.
Rank a bespoke list of up to 50 Canvs assets across a wide array of Canvs metrics.
Navigating to the Canvs MRX Compare Page
You can access the Compare page by clicking on the Compare icon located at the top of the page on the left side.
Once the page has loaded, you will be greeted by an option to Compare Social Data (Canvs TV, Social Accounts, Campaigns) or Compare MRX Data (your dataset uploads). Once you select which kind of data you want to compare, you can search for and select assets to add to your Compare page. For more information on Compare for Social Data, please read here.
Please note: If your organization only has access to the Canvs MRX product, you will be greeted by the MRX Compare Page, by default.
Once you have selected to compare MRX Data, you will be prompted to choose two or more datasets to start comparing.
Click on Add Comparison to get started.
Add Your MRX Comparisons
Choosing your datasets to add for comparison is now more seamless than ever, featuring a search bar, filters, and easy to select buttons.
1. Search Bar - The Search Bar allows you to find your dataset uploads by keyword or name.
2. Tags or Rules - Filter your search results by specific Tags or Rules. Learn how to create Tags here and how to create Rules here.
Filter your search results by a specific Tag:
Filter your search results by a specific Rule that has been applied to your dataset:
3. Additional Filters - Click on the Filters button to display additional search filters. Choose to display specific datasets by Uploader, Organization, Industry, Type, and Classification.
4. MRX Selector - Select the datasets you would like to compare by clicking on the boxes next to them. You can Compare up to 50 assets.
5. Add Datasets - When you are ready to start comparing, click on the green button at the bottom to add your datasets.
Meet the MRX Compare Page
1. Aggregated Comparison Metrics – Compare creates an aggregate of all assets' selected Metrics (Metrics are selected with the Compare Metrics Modifier on the top right of the page).
2. Compare Asset Summary – This contains summary information about each asset within your Compare selection. The ability to filter the dataset asset by Question or by Wave is also available. A detailed overview of this portion of the page can be found below.
3. Compare Ranker Section – The Ranker section in Compare shows a breakdown of each selected Metric by Compare asset. Clicking on the carrot next to each metric's title will sort all Compare assets by that metric. You also have the ability to filter the specific dataset, pin it to the top, duplicate the row, and have an option to view more. A detailed overview of the Ranker Section can be found below.
4. Smart Search Filter - Filter all rows by using Boolean Logic to select Emotions, Topics, Nets/Codes, & Cross Tabs. You can read more about Smart Search here and in the overview below.
5. Emotions Framework - Filter all assets to reflect different Emotional Frameworks. Canvs Emotions are set by default, but you can change between Ekman or Plutchik. These frameworks will change which Emotions you are able to select in the Metrics section. To learn more about these additional frameworks, read here.
6. Compare Export - You can export an xlxs or a ppt file that contains all data visualized in your Compare selection. You can read more about exporting data below.
7. Compare Metrics - This drop-down allows you to select which Canvs metrics to display within Compare. By default, the metrics which are shown are the ones displaying what each asset has the most similarities with or most volume. More information can be found below.
8. Add Comparison - Click on this button to add additional rows/assets to your Compare page. There is also an Add Comparison button found at the bottom of the page.
9. Bookmark page - This will save the Compare Page you have built within your Bookmarks, so you can refer back to it. Learn more about this feature in the article.
Compare Asset Summary
Compare Asset Name – The name of all Compare assets are shown here.
Reorder button - Drag and drop your asset in its desired position on your Compare set.
Open End Summary - The bottom of every asset will display the number of Open Ends associated with the row.
Change Questions - Users have the ability to change the default "All questions" to a specific Question(s) from their dataset that they are interested in analyzing. Simply click on the drop-down to toggle between questions. Deselect the question(s) to remove and reset back to the default view.
Hint: If you want to compare the same dataset question by question, learn how to easily do this with our Duplicate feature, described on the page below.
5. Change Waves - Users have the ability to filter their Compare asset by Waves. If you have a Tracker dataset with multiple Waves you will have the option to select and filter by All Waves of a specific Wave(s). Learn more about Tracker Datasets and Waves here.
Compare Ranker Section
Ranking Content in Compare
You can sort/order your Compare assets by any metric you have selected from the Compare Metrics drop-down.
Click on any metric to sort by that metric in descending order (largest to smallest).
Click on the same metric again to sort it in ascending order (smallest to largest).
Switch to Volume/Percentage Mode
If you would rather view your metric(s) as a Count or Percentage, just click the “eyeball” icon at the top of the row.
The averages of the selected metrics for all rows are displayed for convenience at the top of the Ranker.
Users have the ability to Pin to the Top, Duplicate, and Delete a Compare asset. These options are all available by clicking on the three dots (...) at the far right of each Compare row.
Pin to the Top
Users have the ability to "Pin to the top" any row of a compare set.
Simply select "Unpin" to go back to the default settings, or choose to pin another row. Please note that only one row can be pinned at the top.
Duplicate an Asset
You also have the ability to Duplicate a specific row. Simply click on the Duplicate button on the row you want to reproduce and it will automatically be added to your Compare set.
This can be useful if, for example, you want to view the same dataset, but then modify the specific question and compare question by question. Or if you want to compare the same dataset, but with different filters applied. You can even duplicate an asset, and similar to questions, compare wave by wave.
You can remove a Compare asset/row from your Compare set by clicking on the three dots and selecting "Delete".
Clicking View More expands the Comparison row to show more information about the specific asset.
The View More section will display the Ranker, as well as the list of Open Ends that you can scroll through with an option to search and filter. This is similar to how you are used to seeing them on the bottom of an MRX content page.
Smart Search Filter
Canvs Smart Search allows users to compose more intricate custom filters using AND, OR and NOT operators as well as parenthesis and quotes.
Global Filter/Filter All Rows
Our Smart Search feature is available at the top of the page and will affect the data of all rows with an empty Individual Smart Search bar.
Simply go to the search bar on top and type in your desired query to filter all rows. The (?) button will bring up helpful tips and tricks as well.
All the rows will be filtered by the Smart Search filter at the top.
Individual Smart Search
Our Smart Search capabilities are also available on each individual dataset; so, you can individually filter each row to only show the data you want.
Users are allowed to also apply our Smart Search filter on specific Compare rows, which would result in filtering only that asset, and not the entire page. This is useful if you want to select a specific filter or query on only a specific row.
Please note: the individual smart search row overrides the global smart search option (see Global Filters above).
Simply click on the search bar below the compare asset to start filtering.
Hint: You can even compare the same dataset by duplicating the row and selecting different filters to compare against each other.
Recommended: A detailed overview on how to utilize Smart Search and how to write Boolean Queries can be read here.
Customizing Compare Metrics
Clicking on the Metrics button on the upper right will open the Metrics options drop-down menu. By default, Canvs will select the Metrics which are most relevant to your selected datasets.
From this menu, you can select from General metrics and any of Canvs' Emotions (Ekman or Plutchik if you have changed the Emotional Framework), Topics, Cross-Tabs, or Nets/Codes.
1. General Metrics - These include Total Volume, Emotional Reactions, and Reaction Rate.
Total Volume: This is the total volume of Open Ends.
Emotional Reactions: This will display the total volume of Emotional Reactions, in other words, how many Open Ends were Emotional.
Reaction Rate: This is defined as the % of open ends/comments that are Emotionally charged out of the total comments. The higher the Reaction Rate %, the more emotional the overall conversation.
2. Emotions, Topics, Nets/Codes, Cross Tabs - All the relevant metrics from the datasets in your Compare set will be populated in this section. Type to search for a metric, or toggle between the categories.
3. You can add and view which metrics described above have been selected. A plus sign (+) denotes that you can add an additional metric. Please note that the maximum number of metrics that can be selected at this time is 8, which includes the General Metrics.
Click on Apply to save your Metric selections.
Quick Picks give a summary of top emotions, topics, codes, nets and rules codes.
You can also choose to "Reset Metrics" which will go back to the default metrics the system has selected, or to "Cancel", which will exit the Metric Modifier section.
After you apply your Metric selections, they will be displayed on your Compare Page.
Compare Page Exports
If you want to integrate your Compare results with other data sources, or you are interested in diving deeper into the numbers, you can click the Export button to download a .xlsx file. This will result in all the data shown on your current Compare configuration.
For the Compare Page, there are two types of exports:
Export with All Metrics:
If you would like to view more than 8 metrics, you can select “Export with All Metrics” to compare your datasets across all Emotions, the top 50 Topics, the top 50 CrossTabs, and the top 50 Codes.
Export with Selected Metrics:
Allows you to export the analysis with only the Metrics you are currently viewing.
Users can now easily export their Compare sets into a ready-to-present Powerpoint Presentation.
If you would like to save your comparison set, click “Bookmark Page” at the top of the page to save any dataset, filter, and metric that you have chosen. You can also share these bookmarks with the rest of your organization by toggling the switch at the bottom.